Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Final VIDEOBLOGG


Hey!
So I'm finally home now after 6 months of backpacking in Australia. It has been one of the greatest experiences ever - so many places I've seen, so many wonderful people I've met. I've discovered new sides of me, stretched my limitations further than I could ever imagine and grown so much as a person. 

I can definitely recommend doing this sort of thing to anybody who is considering it. I can guarantee you will have the time of your life, and feel more free than ever. However, I do suggest going on your own without a travel agency which promises you a pile of services before you leave your homecountry since you save a lot of money which you can spend on your travels instead. The one I went with did not fullfil the expected services, and based on my experience, it was money spend for nothing. It's easy to fill out the form for a visa and fix things such as a Tax File Number (TFN), bank account and phone number. Australia is one of the easiest countries to travel; there are heaps of free travel agencies such as Peterpans, Wicked Travel, Travelbugs, Tribal Travel etc where you get free internet, discounts on tours and other services such as taxback. I found them in every city except for Hobart. Hostels are everywhere - there are less fancy as well as more luxury ones. If you're keen on getting discounts you can become a member of for example YHA or Nomads hostels which costs around $30 but you save a few bucks every night you stay there. If you do have problems there's always people you can talk to. And don't be afraid that you will end up alone if you go to Australia by yourself. You will meet people all the time. Remember: everyone is in the same situation like you. The majority of people who travel are very open and social, so don't worry!

Whatever you do, don't plan your trip too much ahead. I found the best parts of my travel were the ones that were spontaneous. You meet people along the way all the time, and finding someone you decide to become your travelmate for a few weeks is amazing.

Anyway, if anyone has any questions about backpacking, I'm more than happy to answer them. I can only tell from my experience, but if you as a reader are considering it and want my opinion on something or have a general question just send me an email (Cattiz_007@hotmail.com) and I will answer it as good as I can. 

Anyways, here is my final video! (And sorry I had to cut it in half because blogspot didn't allow me to upload a 5:33 min video) 






1 comment:

  1. Hej har du någon email ? Annars hur tyckte du der var att resa med work and travel ? Jag funderar nämligen själv att åka iväg men vill veta så mkt som möjligt innan :) fördelar och nackdelar ? :)
    Kram Frida Enocksson
    Maila helst svar till fridaenocksson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete