Thursday, April 19, 2012

Hostel dorms

Hey!

A very tired Cathi is typing now. After having worked in a hostel (for free accommodation) from mondag - wednesday, I started to work at a warehouse yesterday. What I do is basically sorting out bad tomatoes and potatoes from an assembly line. It's amazing how boring the job is, but it's pretty good paid. Having a job in a warehouse or generally within construction is good for two reasons - the minimum hourly rate is between 19-20 dollars / hour and if you're lucky, you can get up to 12 hour shifts and really save money for your travels. I heard rumours yesterday that a guy at my workplace worked a 24 hours shift. So today I'll work from 3pm - 11pm.

To talk about a total different subject (OK, it's not that far off because it has to do with the hostel where I worked). So I get there monday morning, checked in and went to drop off my bags in the staff dorm. And the first thing I see in the room in a freaking aquarium with two goldfishes. I think that's the most random thing I've seen in a room so far. I just had to take a picture and show all the people that might not even believe me:



Anyway. Now I'm back at the hostel where I stayed when I arrived Melbourne. It's pretty awesome, I'm in a 6 share and we're only two people. Good thing about this hostel is the bedding - you get two sheets, and since I like having the real cover, I decided to use my towels and the sheet to build my own fort. Looks ridiculous, but it's really nice. Gives you even more privacy, which is very much appreciated. Especially if you're staying in a 12 - 30 bed dorm (YES there are dorms with 30 beds...).





I gotta go now and see what to bring for lunch to work today. I hope you all have a good day!

Cheers! x

No comments:

Post a Comment