Tuesday, April 24, 2012

In Cairns - action!

Hi there! So my night at the airport was not very adventurous. Thanks to http://www.sleepinginairports.net/ , I already knew where to look for a sleeping place. There was a very well hidden alcove under a staircase. Fine, I had to sleep on the floor, but at least I didn't sleep in the middle of the terminal. It still felt like I had a little privacy at my sleeping spot. There were some occasional noises, but all in all it was very quiet. Since they shut down the domestic part I had to walk to the international terminal, but the staff and security was all very friendly. This morning I got picked up outside the terminal and checked in at my hostel.

I also went to a travel agency and booked a daytrip with snorkeling on the great barrier reef. Thought to myself might as well book it now, the weather is supposed to be great tomorrow and if I wait too long, I might !end up not doing it because of too many excuses.

 Unfortunately, everything is closed today because of Anzac day. Even Coles and Woolworths are closed, annoying to I had to buy sunscreen from a convenience store with was stupid expensive. But then again, compare cancer and 20 dollars, I'd rather pay for the bottle.

 I will head my way to the lagoon now. I'll talk to ya'll later.

 Cheers!x

No comments:

Post a Comment