Friday, April 13, 2012

VIDEOBLOG: Hey, hey apple!

Yao!

Here is a very late and very short video about my applepickingjob in Tassie.

For those who don't know anything about the fruit picking work here. There are two types of picking - either you get hourly paid or you work on contract. Contract basically means that you get paid for what you pick. Most people prefer hourly paid, because if you have a bad day you still know that you get money. We did strawberry picking on contract for a day and it was horrible. Not only did we have to bend over to pick them for 7 hours straight, but the pay was really shitty. We got 30 dollars after a whole day. However, we were lucky with this job. In only 5 days, I managed to earn about 700 dollars. But I literally had to pick until my fingers were bleeding. We worked for 9 hours and had an average of 10 min break / day. I don't know if I could do this for the 88 days that are required to apply for a second Work and Holiday Visa, but it was still a good experience!



Cheers x

No comments:

Post a Comment