Monday, April 30, 2012

Roadtrip to Cape Tribulation!

Hey!

I'm back in Cairns after a 3 days roadtrip to Cape Tribulation. The day I got back from my snorkeling, I went to check my email and two girls had replied on my gumtree ad about doing a roadtrip to the oldest rainforest in Australia. So very spontaneous we went the day after a rented a car from Wicked travel. The van was 33 dollars / day, and with all the insurance, petrol costs, camping fee's and ferry fee we payed about 120 dollars each. A day tour is around 150 - 200 dollars to Cape Trib, so with this we definitely saw more for the money. On the first day we went to all the beaches along the east coast. Then we stayed the night in Wonga beach - the campground had hot showers, toilets and was located right next to the beach. The cost was 31 dollars for one night, about 10 per person.

The second day we drove to Daintree, however we found out that if one doesn't want to make a crocodile tour or another tour, it's pretty dead there. So we drove up to Cape trib and spent pretty much all day checking out the various walking tracks around there. The flora was amazing! We then stayed a night at PK's jungle Village. For the three of us they charged 35 dollars and it included showers, bathroom, kitchen, a bar and a pool.

Today, the last day, we drove pretty late from the campground. We went to Mossman, which definitely was a highlight. They have a sweetwater river in the middle of the rainforst where you can swim. You can see the pictures below.

I also drove in Australia for the first time! The first day was very crappy. It's been 5 months since I haven't been driving and I've had my license for a year. So half of the time I've had my license I haven't been behind the wheel. I kept driving too much to the left side... But on the second day it felt a lot better. It does take a little bit time before you get used to it, but the more you practise, the better it goes. 


















Cheers! x

No comments:

Post a Comment