Tuesday, April 10, 2012

VIDEOBLOG: Tasmania part 2

Hello guys!

Here is the second part of my Tasmania-videos. We started of driving along the eastcoast, went to Bay of fires, Friendly beaches, Lagoon Beach, Bicheno and Wineglass Bay. We then spent 2 nights in Hobart and found work in Huonville. Did some apple picking for five days and did a little bit of the westcoast - Cradle Mountain, St. Claire and finally back to Devonport where the ferry went back to mainland. I've now been in Melbourne for a week and I can say that Tasmania has been my highlight so far. It was amazing seeing the nature and getting away from the cities. Like my travelmate said, "I hate the cities, they're all the same. In the outback, that's where the real adventures are". And I agree. I've become sick of the city now, it's nothing compared to everything I've seen and experienced the last month.

I was also surprised by how comfortable it was to sleep in a van. The only issue were showers, sometimes there weren't any avaiable. However, we solved that by taking a morningswim in the ocean. But it's amazing to just wake up in a new place every morning; sometimes with the sound of waves in the background, sometimes in total silence surrounded by mountains. And it's a great way to save money too. During three weeks, I only spent about 300 dollars on food and petrol. We had a few nights in a hostel, but if you're skipping the hostels it really pays off. So if you ever get the chance to do a roadtrip in a van for a few weeks, take it. It's beyond a great experience.

Anyway, enough talking. Here is the video!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Catherine! Great movie - wish I had been there!You lucky lady! Cheers, Ernest

    ReplyDelete