Thursday, April 26, 2012

VIDEOBLOG: Snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef

Hi there!

So yesterday, I went snorkeling in the Great barrier Reef. I went with Day Tripper - and it was amazing. It took us about 2 and a half hours to get to Upulo Reef, then we first went snorkeling for 1 and a half hours. Afterwards we had a lunch break and got some yummie buffet; pasta salad, potato salad, chicken, bread and sauces. After about 15 min, someone saw fens coming up from the water. Everybody went to the side of the boat, and the instructors discussed if and what kind of shark it could be. Then one of them jumped into the water to check, and it turned out to be manta rays. Suddenly everybody were in a hurry to jump into the water ;) And so we had a second session of 1 and a half to two hours snorkeling.

I hired a underwater camera for this occasion. It was fairly expensive, but I don't regret doing that for a second. It was amazing to be able to capture the beauty of the reef; although I got to say that the pictures and videos don't do reality justice. I'm uploading the video in this post, pictures will come later. Unfortunately, I didn't see that there was some dirt on the water cover of the camera lens until I started editing the video... For me really annoying, but I hope you guys don't mind.

Also want to add happy birthday dad! I hope you have a wonderful day with a lot of cake, presents and congrats. I'm sorry I can't be home, but in about a months time I'll come back home and give you a big hug and your birthday present. For now, I hope this video is ok!

Cheers! x




No comments:

Post a Comment